The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ron Sparks video from DFA

Left in Alabama posted a video of Ron Spark's remarks at the DFA Social last week. Keep in mind that we were in a noisy hotel lobby next to a bar, so the sound is not perfect. Transcript follows.





Here is a transcript of the video. Emphasis is mine.



I want to be your governor. I want to be your governor because I want to lead Alabama in the right direction. I've laid out a plan. You know, we've got some tough decisions to make in Alabama.

And I can tell you right now, when I become the governor of Alabama, the first day I'm in office we're going to start appraising your property every four years instead of every year. We're going to take the tax off of food. And those who are making their living in gambling in the state of Alabama, we're going to tax it. We're going to tax it, control it and we're going to regulate it.

And I can tell you we're going to use that money for Medicaid, the special Education Trust Fund -- put some relief on the General Fund. We've got some tough decisions to make in Alabama.

And I'm also going to put forth a LifeStart Education Lottery. Folks, people all around us are educating their children. We need to be educating our children, in Alabama, with Alabama dollars. And with your help, we're going to move Alabama to the highest level it's ever been.

I've won two state races. 62 out of 67 counties I've won in Alabama, tied two and lost three.

It's not about me. It's about you. It's about the courthouses. It's about local races. It's about winning.

Thank y'all very much.

This is not an endorsement of Ron Sparks, by the way. It's way too early for that. Sparks2010.com

No comments: