The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Monday, August 13, 2007

In Kingston

I have been here in Kingston for 48 hours and still can not call out. This is my second opportunity to use the computer, so here are some pictures.



This is the part of the compound on campus that I am staying in. There are several of these and we are spread out among them.









Here is the entrance to my corner. I have a little room downstairs, not the whole thing.







This is Stephanie Fletcher, and she can sing. She is also a pubic health officer here in Jamaica, and is part of our mosquito control group. Here she is entertaining us at dinner Saturday night with a little Jamaican music.


















I know you would be bored with the public health that we are learning, but we did visit a water treatment plant and here are some of us sitting on the edge of the reservoir listening to Mr. Bean tell us about the plant.






















And here is the reservoir itself, surrounded by the Jamaican mountains, it is beautiful.

























The lady in pink here lives nearby and jogs around the reservoir a few days a week. What a great place to jog.


At the Wastewater treatment plant we visited we ran across this guy who climbed a tree and tossed fruit down to us to eat. When I find out the name of it I will let you know.




More in a day or two I hope.

No comments: