The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

As close as I will ever get

Monday was an interesting day as I expanded my horizons by accompanying my friend Glenn Shadix to a screen test for a major film that will be shot this summer. This is as close as I will ever get to having anything to do with a movie. Unless somebody picks up one of my books, of course.

My impression of a screen test from this one time experience is that it is not so much a snippet of the movie or a scene, it is about getting the actor's skills and presentation down in a short clip without the distraction of advanced cinematography or too much attention paid to set and decoration. A few simple props and good videographer is the key.

Glenn chose Michael Gordon and the shoot was done at N9NE Agency in Tuscaloosa.

Here's Glenn shooting an exterior (indoors).



Here's a couple of shots from the interior scene.





Glenn and I agree that Michael did a great job with the short video. "I enjoy the chance to give a good audition," Glenn told me, but he assured me that he is glad to be living here in Alabama and not back in Southern California.


Here's Michael and Jeremiah (left, who monitored sound and some other technical stuff),



Jeremiah, Glenn and Michael.

This should be a great movie and a lot of people will want to see it, based on what I know. More about that and about the people already associated with the film in a later post.

No comments: