National Organization for Marriage made a silly ad and many parodies and responses have been produced. Here's one.
Homophobia: an irrational fear of, or aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.
Bigot: a person who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race or politics, and is strongly intolerant of those who differ.
Here's the line up for the video:
In order of appearance:
1. Anita Bryant, anti-gay activist gets a pie in the face
2. Bill O'Reilly, of "The O'Reilly Factor" discusses a lesbian couple that was voted "cutest couple" in their high school yearbook
3. Yes for Proposition 8 Campaign Advertisement
4. A Phelps Family (Westboro Baptist Church) anti-gay protest
5. Gordon B. Hinckley, former president of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" on Larry King discussing homosexuality
6. "Gathering Storm" anti-gay marriage advertisement from the "National Organization for Marriage"
7. "Protect Every Kiss" gay violence advertisement from German organization "Maneo"
Stephen Colbert also made a parody of the ad.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|The Colbert Coalition's Anti-Gay Marriage Ad|
I'm glad we can have fun with this, while showing the ridiculousness of the attempts to deny equality.