1. I graduated from UAB.
2. We had our Christmas Party.
3. My neighbor’s house burned to the ground.
1. I earned a Masters degree in Public Health, with an A in every course. I’m not trying to brag, but that is the best set of grades of all three of my degrees. What does the future hold? We will see.
2. We served up a bunch of Cajun food and desserts and raised several hundred dollars in gifts and money for two needy families. The final tally is not in, as we are still collecting donations through Monday, December 15.
3. This house was known throughout Bessemer as one of the premier historical homes. Known as the G. H. Stevenson House in the South Bessemer Inventory, the home belonged to Glenn Shadix who moved back to Bessemer about a year ago. Saturday it burned. Glenn thankfully was not in the house when the fire started, and is physically OK. The cause has not been determined.
Here is a picture of the fire in progress.
Here is what remains.
Here are some pictures taken after the fire. From indoors...you are not supposed to see the sky.
Still smoldering Sunday...the BFD returned.
The Bessemer Historical Homeowners Association members have you in our thoughts and prayers, Glenn.
Bessemer mourns the loss of this beautiful home and for Glenn, of the loss of so much of his personal belongings.