The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Pleased About the Inauguration

It really doesn't bother me that Rick Warren will be giving the invocation at Obama's inauguration because Alabama native Joseph Lowery will get the last word, giving the benediction. Rev. Joseph Lowery is a gay rights and a gay marriage advocate.



His remarks at Coretta Scott King's funeral (remember, Coretta was a strong, strong supporter of gay equality, and assured us that Martin would have been as well), show us that he does not mince words. He might fire some of those remarks at the bigotry that we still see in America, bigotry that is against the newest target, the gays.

Dmac says it well at Oxdown Gazette.

Rick Warren would be running with his tail between his legs if Joe Lowery and he got in a debate.

Oh, and in spite of what I said, I respect Rick Warren. I agree with him on a lot of things. He has inspired a lot of people, including my daughter who read his book (and somehow ended up with two copies). He's just a little mis-guided sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep - that's been my conclusion too, and for pretty much the same reasons. I don't intend to get my pannies in a wad over this.

Have a good Christmas, Joe. I'm just hoping for some snow. Sometime this year!