The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another challenge

From Blethers a link to Frying an Egg where a new challenge has been presented.

"There's a lot to said for cold meat." 100 words or less.


Stop now and compose your own before reading my twisted story, and submit it here and there. I am inserting a picture here so you don't see my subject before writing. This steer was helping in the Foreign Animal Disease exercise last week. Cold meat? No, not this guy.




A bruised jaw and a black eye was not what mom expected. And a raw filet was not what I expected to be slapped on my face, after the backside of her hand slapped my bottom. “There’s a lot to be said for cold meat,” she said, adding “the rest of the family will have theirs on the table tonight, “Warm, grilled.”


I felt like cold meat while my father was pounding me in the stairway. He called me a faggot. “Filthy faggot.”

That was 6 years ago. I am a faggot. A good faggot. Father is dead. Cold meat.

****************************************************

While "faggot" is an offensive word I am using here in literature and in reality, this is how homophobes often refer to gay people, including fathers who beat their kids.


1 comment:

Christine McIntosh said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Joe - and for the story. You make us (me anyway) sound very frivolous and obsessed with social niceties!