The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Friday, January 27, 2012

Success!

Early this year I revealed my hope for Bessemer for 2012. My wish has already come true.

I thought that the city could show it cares by replacing the Dartmouth Avenue sign that had the street name spelled wrong. Within days there was action, and earlier this month the sign was replaced.


I apologize for the picture; this was taken on a foggy day.

I made city officials aware, but council woman Sherrina Rice-Franklin is the only one who replied and voiced her concern, so I give her credit.

State of the City

On Monday, January 30, 2012, Mayor Ken Gulley will give his State of the City Address.  This will be interesting, because he has been in office over a year now, and has been doing all he can to get the city straightened out. I'm hoping he can reveal something about finances and budgets that will give us some hope.

I'm sure he will mention the new DHR building.

I'm sure he will mention Dollar General and hopefully will mention Norfolk Southern.

I'm hoping he will say something about crime. I've reviewed the increase in homicides from last year, and now we have had an attempted murder and a very disturbing murder downtown this week. I'll have more to say about crime in our city later.

And maybe he'll mention a letter he received this week from me. Or maybe he'll provide a personal response. He has my number.

In any case, I look forward to hearing what he has to say.





The State of the City Address takes place at the Bessemer Civic Center on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM.


No comments: