The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Monday, February 15, 2010

It's gone

Live 100.5 is no more.

Now there's just automated music. No more Reg. No more Chris. No more Dru.

And for Birmingham no more Adult Alternative music once the station switches to un-original talk radio format.

One of my favorite songs they ever played was the Avett Brothers "Murder in the City." I've posted this video before, in view of the death of decent radio it makes sense to re-post it.



Live 100.5 brought top notch musicians to the city. Brett Dennen was one that we saw. Here's an interview with Brett from Billboard, where he explains his song "Heaven." It's not exactly about what you think.

People say Brett's voice when speaking reminds them of Truman Capote.



Here you can listen to Brett and Natalie Merchant singing "Heaven."

Adele is another artist that we might not hear on any other station. What a voice. and what a style.



Finally, my friends at Left in Alabama noted the demise of decent radio with this video of the Fleet Foxes "White Winter Hymnal."



"I don't know if I'll be back. I do know that I'll probably be the last human voice you'll hear on Live 100.5."

With that Scott Register ended his gig yesterday. I'm sure he'll land somewhere else. Until then, I guess it's Pandora on my blackberry for decent music in the car. At least until I replace my satellite radio.

No comments: