The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Friday, May 29, 2009

Net Loss - 60

The Episcopal Church has ousted 61 priests that severed their ties and aligned with the Anglican archdiocese of Argentina over gay issues.

Jerry Lamb, the new Episcopal Bishop of San Joaquin, called the decision to oust the clergy “heartbreaking.”

“But, the fact is, they chose to abandon their relationship with the Episcopal Church,” he said.

That is offset a little bit by the gain of Father Cutie (appropriately named, but pronounced KOO'-tee-ay), the priest that jumped ship from the Catholics after being photographed frolicking on the beach with a female cutie, and became an Episcopal priest (he must complete a little more training).

AP Photo

"I believe that I've fallen in love and I believe that I've struggled with that, between my love for God, and my love for the Church and my love for service," Cutie said.

And from another source:

He quoted from the book of Psalms and said, "More than ever, I'm assured that God is love."
He continued, "I have searched my soul and sought God's guidance for a long time."

I wonder if he believes that since "God is love" that all love comes from God?

1 comment:

Javi said...

Time will tell what Cutie thinks about God's love extending to all.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say that he would find ways to justify what he's done (he knew about the celibacy rule for priests when he signed up. The charade is over only because he got caught.), yet still point his finger and condemn us.

I hope I'm wrong about this. But I doubt it.