The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Sunday, August 31, 2008

No Apology

An anonymous comment on yesterday's post reads: I am sick and tired of this so called "blog". This is nothing but a Democratic Lovers page. I used to enjoy reading about news from around Bessemer and such, but now I will not be back to this site.

It is no secret, nor is it anything to be ashamed of, that I support the Democratic Party and its candidates, Barack Obama and Joe Biden, to lead our country. So it should come as no surprise that the blog leans heavily to the democratic side. And if you do not like what I wrote on this blog, I am afraid you will really not like my column in the paper this week. But, as they say, the truth hurts.

"So called blog." What defines a blog? A blog is a "log" or record, of the author's (s) thoughts or writings on the web. So why say this is a "so called" blog?

I do report on news from Bessemer, take for instance the positive posts regarding Colonial Promenade Tannehill. Look at my advocacy and concern for victims of crime in Bessemer. I have posted about Jess Lanier students who deserved recognition. I am for preservation, thus I have posted about Arlington School which the city is doing nothing to save. And more.

Incidentally, Bessemer is mostly Democrat. The mayor is a Democrat. Most if not all of the city council members, and the school board, are Democrats. In the primaries, more people voted in the democratic primary than the Republican primary. In November, Barack Obama will receive more votes than John McCain.

As we approach election day, the choice, if we want to move this country forward, is clear. John McCain and Sarah Palin represent the status quo. Maybe not when you look at her age, gender, "maverick" style and such. But the policies of the McCain/Palin administration have already been outlined and are nothing more than a repeat of the Bush policies. And we are reminded of that this weekend as we see Gustav approaching and remember Katrina 3 years ago.

So I make no apology for supporting the Democrat Platform and dissing the Republicans. And I will continue to do what I can to promote our platform and get Barack elected.

As for the coming week, I was planning to report on the Republican National Convention, and most likely would have been critical of the event. However, Gustav is disrupting the planned events of the convention and my schedule as well. I will know more of my schedule later today, but I am 100% sure that I will be called on to assist with Gustav with the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries Emergency Programs Section. Maybe from here, maybe from Clanton or Montgomery, or maybe from further south.

I may be able to post daily, and if so, it will be about Gustav and the response. If not, then I will report when I can.

In the meantime, lets all give support and prayers for the people of Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Alabama. And lets prepare to offer help for many weeks ahead.

6 comments:

Christine McIntosh said...

Funny how people complain about things they don't ever need to look at!

I have to say I read your blog for reassurance when I feel terrified by America. You remind me about all the sane people I know exist in your country.

Anonymous said...

ROLLLLLL TIDE. ya hafta admit they looked pretty good

Joe said...

Chris,
I know you as a normal, calm, Christian person and not one who expresses herself through hyperbole. So I take pause when I read "when I feel terrified by America." For someone who lives across the Atlantic to say that reinforces my postion that the U. S. must change the direction, the tone, the leadership that we have.

Thanks for the comment, Chris. Hopefully soon you can feel comforted by America.

Joe said...

Jeff,
Yeah they looked good, and Auburn looked a little shaky. but it's a long season, and a long time until November 29.

Anonymous said...

"So it should come as no surprise that the blog leans heavily to the democratic side"......This blog has become nothing more than a place to showcase you extreme hatred of republicans or anyone who doesn't share your views! Much like people who are anti gay and anti minority, are you any better than them?

Joe said...

I do not hate republicans. Find where I said that. I have republicans who are very close to me as realtives, in laws and friends.

I do, however, despise the republican policies that take away our constitutional rights, wants to treat people unequally, wants to dismantle social security, does not believe in science, and more.

This is not about who is better than who. That is the republican divisive message. I can tell whose policies, whose ideas and whose candidacies are better, but people are people.