The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thomas Gave Birth

Thomas Beatie had his baby, a little healthy girl. Contratulations to Thomas and Nancy.

From ABC News

Thomas Beatie, the transgender man who made headlines as the so-called "pregnant man," gave birth Sunday to a healthy baby girl, ABC News has learned.

The birth, at St. Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon, was natural, according to a source, who added that reports that Beatie had had a Caesarean section are false.

"She's really cute, really pretty,'' the source told ABC News Thursday afternoon.

The source said Beattie was resting and the family was focusing its attention on the new baby.
Born a woman, Beatie, 34, who had had his breasts surgically removed and legally changed his gender from female to male, leaped to prominence around the world in April when the wispy bearded man revealed he was pregnant.


Despite years of taking hormones and living outwardly as a man, Beatie maintained that he retained his female sex organs because he intended one day to get pregnant.

"I actually opted not to do anything to my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day. I see pregnancy as a process, and it doesn't define who I am," Beatie told Oprah Winfrey in April.
"I feel it's not a male or female desire to have a child. It's a human need. I'm a person and I have the right to have a biological child," he said.


Beatie was caught on tape leaving the hospital. He was not carrying the infant.

A woman who appears to be a nurse carried a combination car seat-baby carrier with a white blanket over it. Beatie walked a few yards behind her. The new dad walked easily, although he appeared tired, and despite the warm weather he wore a white hooded sweatshirt along with sunglasses and black shorts. Someone opened the car door for him.

Beatie was impregnated with sperm from a donor. His wife, Nancy, inseminated him at home with a device she said was like a syringe without the needle. They bought it from a veterinarian and it is typically used to feed birds.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A male can not possibly have had a baby.

Anonymous said...

You must not read the news.

Hey, male seahorses do it all the time.

Anonymous said...

No, Joe, I'm with Sharon, Thomas is a freak.

Transgender people have a gender identity that is different from their birth sex. so they go to certain measures to adapt to their gender identity = FREAK.

If, as you say, he took steps to assume 'his' identity as a man, then why on earth is 'he/she' - damn this is confusing - having children?

All components of society should be accepted? Are you serious? So, we should accept child rapist because according to more than one of them, they were born that way. And we should accept atheists who don't believe it God simply b/c they have a diverse opinion? What would have happened when I was in school had I told my band teacher "no, i don't believe in letters, I want to use numbers to name the lines and spaces on the music staff"? That would have been diverse...outside the box...different. But trust me, it would not have been accepted.

You are as gay as a three dollar bill dude, and Sharon is right on the money.

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Don't tell me how God made me. You have no idea. Being gay is not a choice. Being prejudiced and uninformed is. You have made that choice. God did not make you that way.

I brought my concerns about my sexuality before God, and only after I stopped trying to deceive him and others around me and accept myself did I feel the inner peace that we expect with God's blessing.

And again, if the blog is making you sick, why do you read it? No one is forcing you to.

Anonymous said...

Yall don't tell Joe how God made him. He doesn't want to hear the truth. He doesn't want to know that his lifestyle is an abomination, and that his views are the kind that are killing the morale in this country.

Just don't tell him.

Anonymous said...

I have discovered the truth. I certainly don't need to hear from the narrow minded folks commenting.

Hey, anonymous (afraid to stand up behind your words)George W. bush is who is destroying the morale of this country.

Anonymous said...

Oh bull. It is that spineless liberal democratic congress and the quirks like you in our mainstream media who LIE and convince people like you that what they say is the truth.

It was Clinton who allowed 9/11 to be set up. Do your homework. It all happened on his watch.

Thanks to Bush, we've eliminated one of the biggest terrorist in the world, and no body else has attacked us on our turf since.

Oblama is gonna bring all our troops home and let the terrorists come to us. He's so stupid he thinks we can talk to them and work things out. They want to kill America.

Bush has saved us in so many ways.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me something to laugh about and end my day on.

Anonymous said...

Never left your hometown? No wonder you are so judgemental.

I think it's great that these two people have a baby.

She (Thomas his wife) couldn't get childeren, so Thomas did.

He/She is happy. Who are we to judge. We don't have to live with them.

I wish Thomas and his wife the best of luck.
And I am sorry that some people are so narrow minded.

People who call you a freak, are most likely freaks themselves.

Psychologists say it all the time. If you say something bad about other people, it usually says something about yourself.

Maria
(from France, een open-minded cuontry)