The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Crepe Myrtles

Crepe Myrtles are blooming now. The lightest pink and white ones are not blooming yet, and I will feature them later, but the reds and dark pinks are beautiful.




This is a really nice shade, sort of lavender, one of my favorites.




Up close, the flowers are really frilly looking. These afternoon showers almost every day y(and for which I am thankful) take their toll on these flowers, as the deck and ground becomes covered in pink or red or purple.




I have no idea how old this one is, it must be 40 feet tall.




These are along the street.




This crepe myrtle near the street has been struggling for about three years. I thought it had died two years ago, but she is still trying.




This one can barely be seen as the entire tree is covered in ivy, but still it puts on a show, as this picture taken from below shows.

No comments: