The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Friday, June 1, 2007

Cat Rescue is Successful!

The Bush administration has lost another close ally. Dan Bartlett, counselor to the president, is leaving. He has been an advisor since Bush was running for governor in Texas. Bye bye Dan.


Talitha Koum is alive and (getting) well. This is the cat that fell in a 12 foot sinkhole in Centreville and in the midst of rescue efforts, city officials filled in the hole as a public safety matter. Rescuers with TEARS then dug another hole and were able to rescue her.

"Talitha Koum" is a phrase from the Bible, meaning "Little girl, I say to you, get up," said by Jesus, before raising a young girl from the dead, according to Mark 5:41.

The only other use of this phrase as a name that I know of is Talitha Koum the Episcopal author of a blog, but she has not posted in a while. I hope she hasn't fallen in a sinkhole!

The rescued cat is pictured on the front page of the Birmingham News. The picture is not posted online, but...



She looks just like a young Clyde, my cat that came with me from Tennessee years ago and helped me establish my former veterinary practice. Here's Clyde, from a photo my friend Linda took.












Talitha Koum is going to be OK, and my hat's off to TEARS and Terra Cotromano, James Taylor (not the singer) and Adam Carter, who worked to save her. Also to Dr. David Fuller at Hope Animal Clinic, where she is receiving care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, but I am not currently using that blog these days. I created a new one.