The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Monday, March 19, 2007

Tired of War (and posts about war)?

Well I am. I was tired of this war before it started. But today marks a milestone, the 4th anniverary of the invasion of Iraq. Nothiing more needs to be said if you have checked out Ava Lowery's site, www.peacetakescourage.com.


But just in case you didn't look, here is a video created by 16 year old Ava, called "California Dreaming." Remember Ann Coulter talking about Iraq? "Basically, um, it is like California with Bagdad as LA..." Every time she opens her mouth, she loses credibility. Good thing we have freedom of speech here, Ann. http://www.peacetakescourage.com/index2.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1171045569&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&page=blog



And for those who really can't get enough, here are the death threats that Ava received when she was just 15 years old, for expressing her opinion. http://www.progressive.org/mag_mc042406


Ava contacted me yesterday and thanked me. I should be thanking her. Her site got over a million hits a month during recent months.


I want to apologize. I neglected to mention the AUBURN TIGERS women's basketball team when I said no teams from the state made the NCAA tournament. Well, they didn't make the NCAA but they are in the NIT, and beat UAB yesterday. They play Virginia Tech on Tuesday.





And how about the Auburn Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Teams. National Champions (again). Five in a row for the men. And two in a row, and five out of the last six for the women!


Cesar Cileo was named NCAA

division 1 men's swimmer of

the year.

Steven Segerlin was named NCAA

divison 1 men's diver of the year.

War Eagle!!! That is an acceptable type of "war."

Tomorrow, I promise (unless something noteworthy happens) I will not write of war or scoundrels in Washington. Spring is approaching.

No comments: