The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Obama 2012 meeting in Bessemer

I'm going to fast forward past the president's speech today because regardless of what he says or how satisfied little ole me is with his vision and his budget proposal, more important is that he gets elected to a second term in 2012.

There is an organizational meeting of the Bessemer Cutoff - OFA Team on Thursday at 6:15 at the Bessemer Library.

I can't imagine Obama winning Alabama in 2012 (although I do believe in miracles). But in 2008, he carried Jefferson County, and I want to make sure he does the same in 2012. And I do expect him to carry more counties in the state than he did two years ago, because the Republicans and their potential candidates are making fools of themselves with their medicaid slashing budget proposals and their birther rhetoric.

There is a clear danger to our country in allowing Republicans to gain more power in Washington, and that includes the White House and Congress.

If you don't live in the Bessemer Cutoff, you can find an organizing event in your area of the state by going here. There are 5 groups in Jefferson County (they may not all be on the web site yet).

Obama won 13 Alabama counties in 2008.

Obama carried Jefferson, Sumter, Greene, Hale, Perry, Marengo, Dallas, Wilcox, Lowndes, Montgomery, Macon, Bullock and Russell counties in 2008. Let's add a few more counties; Mobile, Conecuh, Barbour, Chambers, Pickens...maybe even Tuscaloosa.

Here is how the Europeans are viewing the president entering the race.




Come join us Thursday night - 6:15 at the Bessemer Library. I may be a few minutes late, I have another meeting prior to this one that I have to attend.

No comments: