The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Western Tribune Folds

Well, some of the haters in Bessemer will be overjoyed.

The Western Tribune is no longer in business, and you will not receive a copy this week or in the future.

This was news to me on Tuesday as I had submitted my column (Part 2 of my Bible and Homosexuality series) on Friday as usual and not heard anything since.

For those looking forward to my column the series will continue this week, probably late Wednesday, on this site.

In addition, there will be (hopefully) more political news and Bessemer happenings here. Maybe. We will see how my time allows.

I will not allow derogatory comments to be posted.

Also, I have no way to contact the owner of the Tribune, so don't ask.

I spoke to a former employee today who confirmed the closing of the paper.

Now the only progressive voice will be on this blog. At least there will be no more Snuffy letters printed, that is the only good thing to come of this.

This song kind of fits. I'll leave it up to you to figure that out. Mat Kearney - All I Have.


2 comments:

Madison said...

How long was the paper open? Any new details?

Joe said...

The first issue was dated 05-16-07.

No more details. Yet.