The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Congrats

Today is a proud daddy day. Tonight my son graduates from high school. That means that we have 100% graduation rate among my children, bucking the odds... well not really, because my kids knew they had better complete high school. Nuff said. But with lots of kids not finishing high school, including the public schools that mine attended, one has to be concerned.

And just as important, in my view, is that he will continue his education and go on to study some computer security stuff that is beyond me. Maybe the day will come that I don't have to take my computer to the Geek Squad when problems arise. Or maybe he will be part of...no, I think his training will allow him to rise above geekness.

Congratulations, Daniel.

Later this month he turns 18, and so will be able to vote in the Presidential election this year. We will be talking about that over the next few months, I am sure.

No comments: