The Year of Moving Forward

The Year of Moving Forward
At our 4 person wedding reception in DC

Monday, December 3, 2007

Larry Craig and Mitt Romney (Not together...Just Comments)

I mean it really wouldn't surprise me if they were together in the past. What with Craig's history being revealed and Romney's confusing views on gay equality.

Why doesn't Larry ("I am not gay. I never have been gay") Craig just be honest with himself and the rest of America. Well I know why. When you are that deep in the closet it is hard to see that being honest will in the long run make your life so much easier, so much more peaceful.

Eight more men have come forward who were targeted by Craig for sex or actually had sexual encounters with him, according a report in The Idaho Statesman .

Included is Mike Jones, the former male prostitute who outed Rev. Ted Haggard. Mike gets around, doesn't he?

You know, it really doesn't matter who is having sex with who. It is the hypocrisy that is is doing Larry Craig in. His high profile anti-gay record and votes in the Senate don't play well when he's out there ...well, read the report above and you will know exactly what he did and can even see how he felt guilty with himself, becoming agitated after at least one encounter.

And then there is Mitt Romney. There was a debate question last week about "Don't Ask Don't Tell, and Romney really made a fool of himself flip flopping on that answer. Here is Anderson Cooper asking Romney a question (later removed from the CNN re-broadcasts).

COOPER: [Former Massachusetts] Governor [Mitt] Romney, you said in 1994 that you looked forward to the day when gays and lesbians could serve, and I quote, "openly and honestly in our nation's military." Do you stand by that?

ROMNEY: This isn't that time. This is not that time. We're in the middle of a war. The people who have watched --

COOPER: Do you look forward to that time, though, one day?

ROMNEY: I'm going to listen to the people who run the military to see what the circumstances are like, and my view is that, at this stage, this is not the time for us to make that kind of a change.

COOPER: Is that a change in your position from --

ROMNEY: Yeah, I didn't think it would work. I didn't think "don't ask, don't tell" would work. That was my -- I didn't think that would work. I thought that was a policy -- when I heard about it, I laughed. I said, "That doesn't make any sense to me." And you know what? It's been there now for, what, 15 years? It seems to have worked.

COOPER: So, just so I'm clear, at this point, do you still look forward to a day when gays can serve openly in the military or no longer?

ROMNEY: I look forward to hearing from the military exactly what they believe is the right way to have the right kind of cohesion and support in our troops, and I'll listen to what they have to say.

How can you go from "looking forward" to the day when gays and lesbians can serve to believing equality is not important enough to think about changing the policy because we are in a war. Oh, I know. Because then you can say that the day will never come because we are in a war (on terror) that can never end?

And the policy "works?" When over 12,000 men and women have been expelled from the military solely because they are gay? Yet it's OK to be in gay and be in the military...until you reveal you are gay. Or, as Larry Craig might say (because of his experience there) "as long as you stay in the closet." (Not that he said that, but it is the way he is thinking).

Here is a picture by chip py the photo guy along with others. The 12,000 flags were placed there, as I said the other day, in homor of the 12,000 service men and women who have been discharged because of their sexuality.

Mitt Romney ... discovering that if you run too fast in flip flops you will trip!

No comments: